Many people aspire to have straight, evenly-aligned teeth. Early on, our parents will take us to the dentist so that he or she may examine and evaluate the state of our teeth and determine whether or not braces need be placed soon.
The use of braces is a procedure intended to help you with dental issues like crooked teeth, crowding, and a misaligned bite (underbite or overbite). This treatment should be administered by a trained, board-certified orthodontist. Nowadays, wearing what are known as FAKE BRACES or DIY BRACES is popular among youngsters and even adults. A piece of wire and brackets are used to create fake braces, which are simply aesthetic appliances. After being moulded to the exterior shape of the teeth, the wire is glued to the teeth. They serve no purpose other than as decoration.
Wearing these artificial braces comes with hazards, such as:
A. Loss of teeth
B. Dental deterioration caused by the glue used
C. Mouth infections and sores
D. Choking while sleeping on brackets because they are improperly positioned
E. Bad breath
F. The teeth shifting and becoming more crooked as a result
G. Damage to gums
Tell them how dangerous and detrimental they are if you know anyone who is doing this. Only licenced dentists or orthodontists should be consulted to perform these specialized procedures, such as the licenced dentists at SMILEWAY DENTAL CLINIC. In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak, we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. To know more about braces, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.
Missing tooth is quite common these days. But still not many of us know how serious missing tooth can affect someone’s self-esteem, dental health and also until certain extent it can cause mental health issue. Some will suffer with lack of confidence to talk or smile not only in public but also among family and friends. Hence, with modern technologies that we have in today’s era, we can actually replace missing tooth with dental implant, dental bridge, denture (full or half) and many more. Consulting you dentist will be the best option in determining the best way to solve your problem. Here are 3 reasons why you should replace your missing tooth.
Shifting and loose teeth. Anatomically, when teeth is perfectly aligned on the gums it actually create a stable and neat structure that prevents them from moving. However, if one tooth is missing it will leave an empty space which affect the stability of the structure causing other tooth to shift out from their original places. This can potentially have caused gum disease and tooth decay due to change of bite.
Deformation of face. Changing of face features due to loss one back tooth can be a disturbing problem as they can look older than their actual age! This can be explaining by poor chewing mechanism that leads to weakening of the muscles and bone deterioration. By replacing missing tooth this can be prevented and improve one’s quality of life.
Mental health issues. Have you had any experience of missing tooth during childhood? It is a bittersweet memory as it can be cute and fun when we were still kid but it is not a good thing to have as you get older. You will realize that even as simple thing as chewing can be stressful for you. You will start loss your confidence until at some point it feels like it is hard to put on a smile. This is not good for your mental health as it gradually change the way you view about yourself. Replacing missing tooth may take some times for you to get comfortable with it but the result is beyond miracle as you may forget that you lose your tooth.
In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about tips of missing tooth, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.
Invisalign and braces are two type of device used in orthodontics that align and straighten teeth and help position them while also aiming to improve dental health.
If you are trying to choose between invisalign or braces, there’s a lot to consider. Cost, speed of treatment, appreance and comfort will all play a part in your decision between the two of them.
For Invisalign ;-
• Virtually invisible
• More costly
• Smart tract material maintain shape and elasticity. Less discomfort
• Can brush and floss teeth easily
• May have difficulties in treating severly tipped teeth, impacted teeth and severly rotated teeth
• Time duration depend on the condition of the teeth.
For Braces ;-
• Highly visible
• Fixed with bracket and wires
• Cheaper than invisalign
• Wire and brackets may cause discomfort or soreness inside the cheeks initially
• Difficulties brushing and flossing teeth
• More effective for rectifying serious malocclusions
• Time duration depends on severity of teeth alignment before treatment
In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about Invisalign and Braces, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.
- Always brush your dentures thoroughly before soaking, to remove plaque and food debris. Brush using soft-bristle toothbrush with dishwashing liquid or denture cleanser.
- Brush all surfaces of the denture well. Rinse with room temperature water.
- Handle your dentures carefully. Be sure you don’t bend or damage the plastic or the metal clasps when cleaning.
- Soak your denture overnight with warm water to keep them in shape as they need to be moist. Never soak with hot water. Don’t let your denture dry out. Dryness causes it to lose their shape and become more brittle.
- Rinse dentures thoroughly before putting them back in your mouth, especially if using a denture-soaking solution.
- Avoid sticky and hard food like crab shells, bones or ice while using your denture.
- Always clean your mouth, tongue and gum after removing your denture.
- Visit your dentist at least every 6 months regarding your teeth and your denture.
In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about denture care, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.
Bad habits that effect our teeth
1.Not brushing properly.
3.Lip biting (because when you bite on your lip it will hurt salivary glands which cause swelling on your lips.
4.Drinking acidic soft drinks causes erosion of teeth
5.Tongue thrust which make your teeth move forward and causes tooth displacement.
6.Chewing on hard foods might chip or crack the tooth.
7.Grinding of the teeth will cause flattening of the teeth.
8.Using tooth pick or hard objects to remove the impacted food in between the teeth will cause damage to gums.
In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Smileway dental clinic we encourage you to come for a dental checkup because sometimes you might not know the condition of your teeth. Keep yourself healthy and fit with a healthy and natural smile.
Periodontal diseases are mainly due to infections and inflammation of the gums and bone that surround and support the teeth. In its early stage, called gingivitis, the gums can become swollen and red, and they may bleed. In its more serious form, called periodontitis, the gums can pull away from the tooth, bone can be lost, and the teeth may loosen or even fall out.
Bacteria in the mouth infect tissue surrounding the tooth, causing inflammation around the tooth. When bacteria stay on the teeth long enough, they form plaque, which eventually hardens to tartar, also called calculus. Tartar build-up can spread below the gum line, which makes the teeth harder to clean. Then, only a dental health professional can remove the tartar and stop the periodontal disease process.
- Bad breath or bad taste that won’t go away
- Red or swollen gums, tender or bleeding gums
- Painful chewing
- Loose teeth, Sensitive teeth
- Gums that have pulled away from your teeth
- Any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- Any change in the fit of partial dentures
- Poor oral hygiene
- Crooked teeth
- Underlying immuno-deficiencies e.g., AIDS
- Fillings that have become defective
- Taking medications that cause dry mouth
- Bridges that no longer fit properly
- Female hormonal changes, such as with pregnancy or the use of oral contraceptives
Prevention and treatment
Gingivitis can be controlled and treated with good oral hygiene and regular professional cleaning. More severe forms of periodontal disease can also be treated successfully but may require more extensive treatment. Such treatment might include deep cleaning of the tooth root surfaces below the gums, medications prescribed to take by mouth or placed directly under the gums, and sometimes corrective surgery. To help prevent or control periodontal diseases, it is important to:
- Brush and floss every day to remove the bacteria that cause gum disease.
- See a dentist at least once a year for check-ups, or more frequently if you have any of the warning signs or risk factors mentioned above.
Follow your dentist’s recommended schedule for regular check-ups. In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak, we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone and do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.
Taking care of your oral health independently at home by brushing, flossing, rinsing and having a healthy diet can reduce the chances of oral health diseases.
It is also important to have regular dental checkups for healthy teeth. Here are some tips to keep your teeth healthy at home:
. Brush your teeth 2 times daily.
. Floss your teeth after meals.
. Limit intake of sugary food.
. Use fluoride toothpaste.
. Maintain a healthy diet.
And the best way to prevent gum disease is by visiting your dentist on a regular basis every six months to maintaining your teeth and ensuring happy, bright smiles for everyone!
In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about tips of taking care of your teeth , do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.
Gingivitis is a mild, early form of gum disease that occurs when bacteria and plaque build up in the mouth and lead to infection and make the gum red, swollen and tender.
There some cause can lead to gum diseases such as;
- Poor oral hygiene such as not brushing and flossing in daily habits that can be factor for gingivitis to develop.
- Bad habits such as smoking make it harder for gum tissue to repair itself.
- Family history of dental disease can be a factor for the development of gingivitis
Gum disease may progress painlessly and certain symptoms may point to some form of the gum disease. The symptoms such as;
- Gum bleeding during and after brushing
- Red swollen gum
- Receding gum
- Loose or shifting teeth
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste in the mouth
Gingivitis is treated by removing any plaque because there is no damage to the teeth or bone yet. It will need removed professionally by dentist.
It can be prevented by improving the overall health of your mouth through
- Brushing and flossing teeth after every meal
- Eating healthy balanced diet
- Avoid smoking
If you think you have one of the symptoms, do your checkup with your dentist. We provide free dental checkup and consultation. In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about gingivitis, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.
When the first tooth arrives, it is important to maintain your childrens oral health. Training a child regarding the significance of taking care of his or her teeth and gums from the start can help develop a healthy smile that can last a lifetime. 6 Tips for keeping baby teeth healthy are :-
Parent need to assist the child in brushing their teeth. It is because most children can’t brush their teeth on their own yet. Be sure to clean all the surfaces of the teeth.
Don’t use adult toothpaste until at least 6 years of age. Adult toothpaste has high fluoride content which may cause fluorosis if the toddler consumes the toothpaste and not spit it out.
Use a baby tooth brush and a tiny smear of toothpaste for babies, and toddlers up to 3 years old, a pea sized amount for children aged 3 to 6 years.
Brush teeth two times per day once in the morning and once before bed. After brushing teeth at night, do not keep the milk bottle in the mouth as drinking milk at night while sleeping will cause early childhood caries.
Teach your children, which food is good and which can cause caries development. Ask them to eat healthy, limit on snacks and sugary food products.
Schedule your baby’s first dental appointment around age 1 and check up every 6 months are the recommended for maintaining good oral health for your child.
As a parent, you can keep your child from getting tooth decay by starting their dental care early. We provide free dental check up and consultation. Contact Smileway Dental Clinic to make an appointment!
Why amalgam fillings are seldom used in modern day dentistry?
1. Amalgam contains trace amounts of mercury which may not be good for our health if not handled properly
2. Amalgam mercury can be inhaled in lungs if proper precautions are not taken
3. High levels of mercury effect the brain and kidney if ingested in its original and unreacted form.
4. It requires more tooth removal for amalgam fillings to remain seated in the tooth.
5. Amalgam fillings can leak after a long time has passed since the filling is not chemically bonded to the tooth structure
6. Amalgam fillings are black in color while all others teeth are white in color so it will look unnatural.
7. Amalgam tooth can weaken your tooth through time if proper care is not provided to the teeth.
8. We recommend amalgam fillings in situations that indicate the best success for amalgam fillings since composite has better color and binds chemically to the tooth.
Here in Smileway Dental we enjoy giving patients the smile which is natural and fillings that mimic both color and form of natural teeth. In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about amalgam filling, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.