What are the ways that you can protect your teeth and make them healthy?
We should Take care of our teeth to maintain a good quality of life and health condition. Teeth also gives you more confidence in socializing and maintains your natural appearance.
To maintain good oral hygiene, you should:
- Brush your teeth twice a day, after waking up and before going to bed. This helps prevent the number of bacteria from multiplying when you are sleeping and can prevent damage or cavities to your teeth
- Be thorough and brush all surfaces if possible. It can be quite a challenge to brush all surfaces of your teeth especially the spots that cannot be seen clearly in the mirror. Clean your teeth to the best of your abilities. The dentist will handle the rest.
- Don’t neglect your tongue. The tongue is often neglected so brush the surface of your tongue lightly to clean debris off it. This will prevent any infection to tissues on the tongue
- Use a toothpaste suitable for your teeth. Children who are still not good at spitting out toothpaste should use childrens toothpaste as it contains less fluoride and is safe for ingestion. Once your children gets better at spitting out toothpaste, you can then chamge to adults toothpaste for better protection of teeth. For adults with sensitive teeth, you can try out toothpaste for sensitive teeth to help in your condition.
- Flossing is a great way to remove food stuck in between teeth. Its a good practice to floss after every meal to ensure no food debris gets stuck in between teeth. When food gets stuck for a long period of time, there is a chance for bacteria to destroy the surface of your teeth to create cavities.
- Change your tooth brush after 2 to 3 months. After using your toothbrush for a long period of time, the bristles will start to weaken and make brushing not as effective as it was. Change the toothbrush to restore your brushing effectiveness.
- Mouthwashes can help improve your oral health and prevents bacteria from multiplying
- Routine dental checkup. Visit your dentist every 6 months to help protect your teeth and reduce your worries of toothaches and tooth decay.
At SmilewayDental, we care about your teeth and create smiles that matter. Please Visit us in our two branches Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak